Guidelines and Suggestions for Guest Posts at SpeedRak.com
* * * I Will Not Be Accepting Guest Posts at This Time – I Apologize for the Inconvenience! * * *
I am looking for guest posts that present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and innovative approaches to help Bloggers and Network Marketers succeed in business. I would like to present ideas to readers that are rarely found elsewhere online.
Posts that will work best on this site are relevant to my overall topic – Blogging – Which Include Personal Development, Network Marketing, SEO & Social Media.
Anything that can help the network marketing business owner with fresh ideas to increase their bottom line.
Subjects/Topics That I Am Particularly Interested In (But Not Limited To):
- Blogging Tips & Tricks
- WordPress Tips & Tricks
- Search Engine Optimization
- Web Traffic
Requirements for Your Guest Post:
- Your article must not infringe copyright laws, either in terms of text or images
- Article must be written in English and be Original copy
- Structure your posts into paragraphs with Headings and Subtitles
- Please don’t use affiliate links in your articles.
- Write with the reader in mind, not the search engine.
- You will need to respond to comments for your article (when a comment is received, the notification of the comment will be sent to your email address).
Please keep in mind that the following Guidelines are here for your benefit. Over the years I have learned the art of Search Engine Optimization and am passing on basic information through these guidelines, which can also help you in your future writing.
– If you would like to learn more about On Page Optimization for your articles, follow the link to my Post – ‘TOP 10 On Page Optimization Factors to Increase Your Website’s Search Engine Results – [Cheat Sheet]!.
Download your Complimentary On Page Optimization Checklist Here!
If you are new to Guest Posting, or need additional help with adding your information to my WordPress website, follow the link for Posting Instructions.
Headlines and Your Content – YOU Have Less than 10 Seconds to Grab the Reader’s Attention
* * * * * At least 50% of your readers will leave if you don’t grab their attention with-in the first 10 seconds. * * * * *
I would like your article to attract attention and arouse curiosity… there is one way to do that. Your Headline!
Your headline will reveal what your article has to offer. Your headline should stop the reader in his tracks… it will need to be benefit oriented, make complete sense immediately and hint at a special something to soon follow.
Once you’ve got them on the inside of your article, don’t let them go! The best way to prevent an instant defection is to pepper the inside of your blog post with a series of sub-headings and bullet points to sustain their interest.
Click on the Link for my Article about ‘How to Generate Powerful Headlines Guaranteed to Arrest Attention and Arouse Curiosity’.
Below are 2 Printable PDF Worksheets that Can Help YOU Create Attention Grabbing Headlines!
Proven & Powerful Headlines (Printable, Eye Catching Words & Phrases Worksheet)
Effective Headline Writing (Checklist for Effective Headline Writing)
Header Tags to Outline & Highlight your Page’s Content!
Writing for the Web…
There have been studies that show that the majority of Internet readers will usually SKIM Web articles.
On a similar subject of Headlines, I would like to encourage you to use Header tags within your article to outline your content which will help keep the reader’s interested.
The Header tag will also serve as an indicator to the level of importance of each section of your article. These HTML header tags, denoted as h1, h2, h3, h4 etc., are an easy way to format your text and organize your page’s structure.
The Search-engine ranking algorithms will place emphasis on text enclosed with-in the header tags when determining where pages should be ranked for those terms.
Under normal circumstances, your h1 header tag will be the Headline of your article, and will ultimately be the most responsible reason for a person to visit your article. The h2 header tag will be for subjects that are sub-sections of the h1. The h3 for sub-sections of the h2 tag and so on!
Please consider using h2 or h3 Header tags for your Subject Title’s as apposed to just BOLD-ing, Italic-izing or Underlining.
Your Article’s Content
Following up on the subject of Internet readers being Skimmers… it has been determined that readers will have an easier time with their skimming if the paragraphs are not in large blocks of content.
In other words, please consider breaking up your paragraphs with 4 lines of content or less. Less is More!
Your article should be as long as you would like it to be in order to convey your message. Length isn’t a factor, but quality is, so please stick to your own style and voice, and choose the length that suites your article (SEO statistics say that posts greater than 1500 words in length will usually receive greater Search Engine Visibility).
As you can see on this blog, I love to include images. I find that articles with at least one image can gain more attention than posts without.
NOTE: As a Contributor, by default, WordPress does not allow the uploading of images to the database, so once you have been given access, you can send a separate email with the image(s) you intend to use along with simple placement instructions (where to attach the images) for the article you have submitted for approval.
- Your Featured Image is to be a Minimum of 800px in Width – Recommended width is between 800 and 1000px and must be compressed for the Web (larger images will be cropped).
- It’s up to you to ensure that the images you use are able to be reused in terms of copyright.
The Editing of Your Article – IMPORTANT!
* If you are copying your article from example, a WORD document, Follow the instructions below:
– Highlight and copy your article, then paste it into the WordPress ‘Add New Post‘ box using the ‘Text‘ tab (the inline code that changes the Look and Feel of this website, from your Word document or other software, will not be transferred into the article.)
– Once you have Pasted your article into the Post box, you can click on the ‘Visual‘ Tab and continue editing your article.
– – – –
Articles that appear on SpeedRak.com may be edited for correct spelling, grammar, punctuation, capitalization, proper tags and sentence structure if necessary.
Don’t be offended by this, I am just trying to make each and every article published on this site to be of the highest caliber, and as successful as possible.
Links to Your Blog…
If it’s relevant to the topic you’re writing about, you’re welcome to link back to your blog within the post. Keep in mind that relevancy is very important.
If I feel that your post includes too many links back to your own blog, I may remove them, or reject the article.
I don’t mind promoting you, but subtlety often works best. A high-quality, informative article will get more people checking out who you are more effectively than a large amount of links back to your site.
Social Participation (Comments)
* I recommend that you add an Article Related Question at the end of your Post to encourage Social Participation/Interaction… Here is an Example below.
I will add the script to your post that will make your question stand out in the Orange color… YOU just need to provide the question.
Credit to You
You’ve worked hard to give my readers great content, so let me help promote you. You will have the opportunity to write a byline with information about yourself that will be at the end of your written article in an ‘Author Bio’ box.
This byline should be 1 or 2 sentences explaining who you are and what you do, which can also include up to 2 links.
– Add your Author information in the ‘Biographical Info‘ box in your User Profile area once you gain access as a Contributor, and the information will connect automatically to your post once it’s published.
What You Need to Do to Guest Post?
Contact me using the form below… include the topic you’d like to write about, plus at least 2 links to articles that you have written, so I can see examples of your work.
If I feel that you can be a contributor to this blog, I will contact you with further information, using the email that you provide in the form.
Once You’ve Been Accepted:
- You will have access as a Contributor to submit your article(s).
- You can add any relevant information, including your Biographical Info, via the link ‘Your Profile’.
- Once you have completed writing your article, you will then click the ‘Submit for Review‘ button.
- Once I review the article that you have written, I will then contact you to let you know the Date and Time it will be published.
Thank You for considering to write for SpeedRak.com.