Updated May 22, 2018
Who We Are
SYATT, LLC (“the Company”, “us”, “we”, or “our”), operates the website SpeedRak.com. We may change or add to this privacy notice, so we encourage you to come back and read it periodically. SYATT, LLC is the data controller that resides at PO Box 606, Salida Colorado 81201
SpeedRak.com is committed to safeguarding your privacy. Contact Us if you have any questions or problems regarding the use of your Personal Data and we will gladly assist you.
Personal Data – any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing – any operation or set of operations which is performed on Personal Data or on sets of Personal Data.
Data subject – a natural person whose Personal Data is being Processed.
Child – a natural person under 16 years of age.
Data Protection Principles
We promise to abide by the Data Protection Principles:
- Personal data shall be processed fairly and lawfully. Our Processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Data. We will provide you information regarding Processing upon request.
- Personal data shall be obtained only for one or more specified and lawful purposes. Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Data was gathered.
- Personal data shall be adequate, relevant and not excessive in relation to the purpose. We only gather and process the minimal amount of Personal Data required for any purpose.
- Personal data shall be accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date.
- Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than is necessary. We will not store your personal data for longer than needed.
- We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
– – –
What Personal Data We Collect and Why We Collect It
While using this site, we may ask you to provide us with certain personal data that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal Data may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First and last name
- Any other information you may provide to us on this site
Information Collected Automatically
- Log & Device data. When you visit our website, we may automatically record information (“log data”), including information that your browser sends whenever you visit our site. This log data may include the web address you came from or are going to, your operating system, browser type, unique device identifier, the device model you used, your IP address, your mobile network carrier, and the time zone or your location.
- We may gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with, or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners here.
- To help us make your emails more focused and interesting, we will often receive a confirmation that you have opened up an email from us. You have the right to opt-out of receiving emails from SpeedRak.com at any time.
- Cookie data. We may use “cookies” which is known as a small text file sent by your computer each time you visit this site. This might include similar software technologies to record your data. Many of today’s browsers are set by default to accept site cookies. You should be able to change this setting in your browser. You can also clear your cookies anytime you choose. Check your browser’s Help link for more information about how to clear cookies.
We may use the following types of cookies:
- Analytics Cookies: These types of cookies are used to track the use and performance of our website and any services we provide. They collect information about who is visiting our site and how our users engage within our site. Information included in this analysis is the number of visitors to our site, referring websites, pages visited while on this site, time of day visited our site, is the person a new or repeat visitor, and other comparable information. This information does not identify any specific individual user. This information is used to help us understand the usage of our site, improve and operate our services more efficiently and to monitor the activity on our site.
- Necessity (Essential) Cookies: These cookies help run our site and make your experience better. These cookies are required for you to be able to use some important features on our website, such as logging in if you are a site Contributor. These cookies do not collect any personal information.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow the site to remember preferences you have selected. For example, they might remember your name and e-mail for a comments form so you don’t have to re-enter this information next time when adding your thoughts. These are designed to make it easier to use our site and not have to set the same preferences every time.
- Social Media Cookies: We use social media tools on our site… these cookies allow the social media network to record when you have liked or engaged with a social media tool on our site. In some situations, the social network may send us data that you have set to share. If you do not want the social media network to share information with us, please check your privacy settings with the social media network.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies track browsing habits as you visit our site and are used to deliver advertisements that are relevant to you and to your interests. Based on your browsing history and with our permission, we use third-party advertising partners who can then display to you a relevant ad when you are on a third party site such as a social media platform. In addition, they are used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement. They are usually placed to the website by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. These cookies remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Please see below for your choices on cookies in the use of advertising.
- We may use other data technologies that collect comparable information for security and fraud detection purposes.
WordPress (Site’s Software) Specific…
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Leaving Comments on This Site
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- If you have a Contributor Account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
- When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded Content from Other Websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites will behave in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
– – –
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- We will use your information to provide our products and services to you.
- Understand and improve our products. We will perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our products, services, or content, or products, services or content offered by others. We do this to help make our products better and to develop new products.
- To Communicate With You.
- We may send you emails about new product features or other news about us or on topics relevant to products or services you purchased or that you opted in to receive. You may opt out of these at any time.
- Responding to Your Requests – We will also use your information to respond to your questions or comments.
Who We Share Your Data With
We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated by this policy, or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt-out of having your personal information shared. We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds. See the list of our partners below.
Who Else Can Access Your Personal Data
Personal Data about you is in some cases provided to our trusted partners in order to either make providing the service to you possible or to enhance your customer experience. We share your data with:
Our processing partners
- Google Analytics
- Google Adwords
We only work with Processing partners who are able to ensure an adequate level of protection to your Personal Data. We disclose your Personal Data to third parties or public officials when we are legally obliged to do so. We might disclose your Personal Data to third parties if you have consented to it, or if there are other legal grounds for it.
Links to Other Sites
Retention of Your Data
SYATT, LLC will retain your Personal Data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice. We will retain and use your Personal Data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Data Subject’s rights
Choices and Individual Rights:
- Right to information – meaning you have to right to know whether your Personal Data is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right to access – meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Data gathered.
- Right to rectification – meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure – meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Data to be erased from our records.
- Right to restrict processing – meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to object to processing – meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to Processing of your Personal Data, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right to object to automated Processing – meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right you can exercise whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right to data portability – you have the right to obtain your Personal Data in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to lodge a complaint – For European Union residents, if you feel that our processing of your personal data infringes on data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state where you habitually reside, your place of work or the location of the alleged infringement. If you are located outside of the European Union, you may have rights under privacy laws in the jurisdiction where you live.
- Right to withdraw consent – you have the right to withdraw any given consent for Processing of your Personal Data.
For any of these concerns, please send a notification to John@SpeedRak.com or use the Contact Form.
Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Transfer of Data
This site is operated in the United States. If you are located in another jurisdiction, please know that your information will be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States. By using this site and providing us with information, you consent to this transfer, processing and storage of your information in the United States. It is important to note that the privacy laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in other countries such as the European Union. Our service providers use appropriate safeguards to transfer your personal data to the United States.
We use reasonable administrative, logical, physical and managerial measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and unauthorized access, use and modification. Unfortunately, no measures can be guaranteed to provide 100% security. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your information.
We request that you do not send us any sensitive data such as social security or national identification numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, health data, biometrics or genetic, criminal background or trade union membership information. If you do send us this information, then you are consenting to its processing in accordance with this privacy notice.
Our Policy on Children
We do not intend to collect or knowingly collect information from children. If you learn that your minor child provided us with personal information without your consent, please Contact Us.
Changes to the Policy
We may change this policy from time to time, and if we do we’ll post any changes on this page. If you continue to visit our site after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy. If the changes are significant, we may provide more prominent notice or get your consent on the new policy.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, please contact us at John@SpeedRak.com or fill out the Contact form.